Saturday, June 28, 2014

Social media: Rude or not rude?

Thanks to Twitter, even when I'm watching soccer alone in my living room, it feels like I'm watching surrounded by a bunch of really annoying fans for the other team who think they know everything.

Like Brazilian fan PapiCuthbert, who responded to my disparaging tweet about Brazilian superstar Neymar's fall in the first half of the Brazil-Chile knockout round. He was fouled, certainly, but he then grabbed his head when he hit the ground (not with his head).

Papi responded to my tweet thusly: "errmm.. He smashed his head on the floor and then rolled over, watch it properly and then make stupid remarks"

Now, any of you who know me know I take criticism and disagreement really well; I especially love being told I'm wrong. So of course my initial response was to say thanks.

Thanks was then going to be followed by "for sharing your experience! You must be an expert in making stupid remarks."

I've mostly decided not to send it.


1 comment:

  1. A very mature decision, Heidi. I bet it took lots of self-restraint :)

    ReplyDelete