Monday, December 9, 2013

Do Re Mi Fa So Here We Go On A Tour

I quit my job three months ago.

Two months ago I was in Ireland on the beginning of my crazy European journey.

A month ago I was in Ireland at the end of my crazy European journey.

Today, well, I still have a hard time believing I did that. And I want to go back and never leave, while at the same time I want a job and a house and to be settled for the first time in months. It's all very confusing. 


Fortunately, I'm remaining stylish in my musings.

Dressing up in Viking gear at Dublinia. Question: Does anyone else want to correct people who are breaking the clearly stated rules? I have a sneaking suspicion that I am an inveterate meddler.
This will be the last Europe-themed blog post; I've run out of pictures and things to say. But never worry; I've saved the best for last! Please enjoy this photo rendition of "The Sound of Music."

The Pegasus statue in the gardens at Schloss Mirabell. Around this statue the Von Trapp children sang "Do Re Mi."

The HohenSalzberg Fortress that sits on a hill in the middle of Salzburg. Watch the movie. You'll see this in the background everywhere.

The steps at the Mirabell Gardens, where the children hopped up and down learning to sing.

Nonnberg Abbey, where Maria did not become a nun

The gazebo where first Liesl and the Nazi who looks like a certain tacky radio host and later Maria and Capt. Von Trapp share their first kisses.

Leopoldskron, the castle on which the Von Trapp mansion is based 

The gardens at Leopoldskron, where Maria and the children climbed out, dripping wet, after upsetting the canoe. Come on, guys. You know you can't lean over in a boat that size. 

There's also a famous bridge and a cemetery and a couple of other places that I saw but did not have the presence of mind to realize I was standing in a famous "Sound of Music" place, so you'll just have to go to Salzburg yourself.

Which I highly recommend.

Now all that's left is keep going. Onward and upward!


Toth out.

No comments:

Post a Comment