Friday, November 22, 2013

Signs -- they're English made awesome

Have you seen the new Kmart commercial? I firmly believe some of the most creative minds in the world go into advertising.

Some of them also go into designing museums, painting, ministering and being Vikings. I bring you the 2013 edition of "Funny Signs (and Other Funny Things) in Europe."

From the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam. It's called "Still Life With Cheese." Clearly it's a masterpiece.

Dublin was largely settled hundreds of years ago by the Vikings. They expressed themselves interestingly.
All of you men who grow winter beards should consider calling them cheek forests instead.



So, remember Ragnar, that relay race I ran earlier this year? It was awesome/really hard/I had to sleep in a tent. 

Apparently to the Vikings, that is how the world will end.
Dublinia, Dublin


OK, this isn't really funny. It just seems so obvious. Men are running around with knives and people are dying because of it. Care to extrapolate to 2013, anyone?

Dublinia, Dublin

Jonathon Swift, my new hero. I wish I'd been there for this sermon.
St. Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin

Cheese heads -- not just for semi-toasted Green Bay Packer fans.
Cheese museum, Gouda, the Netherlands

This is how much cheese I weighed. I don't know how much that actually is. It's the only time I weighed myself the whole trip.
Madurodam, The Hague, the Netherlands

What does this even mean?

Doolin, western Ireland

This isn't funny, I know. In fact, the county around the Cliffs of Moher has put up security around the precipices and there's a sign for a suicide hotline.

Cliffs of Moher, western Ireland

But seriously, it's a little funny, right? Or maybe it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment