Wednesday, October 30, 2013

There should be cookie-flavored milk

Sometimes things just don't work out the way they're supposed to. 

Today was one of those times. 

I came to Cesky Krumlov for the rafting and the hiking. I got here to discover the companies that do those things have either closed for the season or closed for weather. 

When I learned this I went to the nearest restaurant and ordered chocolate cake. This helped me to center myself. 

So I went horseback riding. I got lost with the getting lost proof instructions and then took a ride on Elvis. Elvis may as well be dead for how slowly he moved. The guide kept looking back and saying, "Kick him! Kick him!" I did. He was uninterested. At one point I think he got frustrated with me and started walking me into tree branches. I could only blame him a little bit. Why do we kick horses to get them to go? 

Then I went to the grocery store. Rough days call for chocolate chip cookies. How can chocolate chip cookies go wrong? Well, you can get shortening instead of butter, you can have to guess at the measurements because there were no measuring cups, the sugar didn't dissolve right, I burned the first batch and they were runny. Not bad, but messy. 

My mom commented a couple of days ago that my blog posts were getting grumpy. It's true. 

I also had way more money than I needed, since most of my planned activities fell through. I ended up going to dinner, listening to gypsy music in the square and putting money in their hat and buying a ridiculous souvenir or two. And I bought a bus ticket on the posh-o bus of yesterday. I was going to take the train to Prague and then the train to Berlin, but I had to spend the money on something, so why not? 

I have four more days in Europe! That is nuts. Five and a half weeks was a really long time five weeks ago. Now that it's almost over, it's hard to believe how short it was. 

Has anyone figured out my life yet?

Cesky Krumlov castle


Recognize that guy?



No comments:

Post a Comment