Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dad, can I get this crossbow?

I wasn't allowed to watch "Dawson's Creek" when I was growing up. My parents considered it too racy. 

I'm sitting in my Lord of the Rings hostel watching it right now. It is not racy. It is really bad. How many seasons did this run?

I'm in Cesky Krumlov in the south of Czech tonight. I came here because I found a company that does night rafting, and they had pictures. It looked like a fairy tale. 

It's also about 50 degrees here at night in late October, so we'll see how this goes. 

This morning started pre 7 a.m. so I could get to Charles Bridge before all the tourists. It's this old bridge with crazy statues going across it and basically turrets on either end. Last time I was on, it was filled with picture takers and people hawking stuff. This time there were a few (relatively speaking) other early birds, and it was very nice. 

The problem then is that it's 7:30 and nothing is open. I didn't want to go back to my hostel, get ready, come back out and then go back again to check out or reclaim luggage, so instead I just walked along the river. Close to 10 I made it to the old town square to see the famous astronomical clock in daylight, then I'd planned to see a nearby church but instead accidentally found this restaurant my friend had told me to go to that I had not hitherto been able to locate. So I went in and had some fruit dumplings. 

Now I'm in the country. I'll take a picture of the door; the LOTR description will make sense. The whole place is just overflowing with small-timey cuteness. Sort of like whatever town "Dawson's Creek" is in. Why'd they call it that anyway? Is there a creek involved?

I'm pretty sure this'll be a must-read.




No comments:

Post a Comment