Monday, September 30, 2013

Phenomenon that scares the bejesus out of Chandler

What is Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance?

Tonight I went to a bar -- again, and this time entirely on my own. A local restaurant offers this super fancy meal with performances by an Irish jig company and a local band. I opted out of the dinner but am watching the show in the bar. 


They even had the portrait of Arthur Guinness dancing along. 

I'm kidding, of course. He actually had headphones on and turned on his iPod. 

Today I am in Dublin. As far as I can tell, it is in fact as awesome as you've ever heard, and that's without drinking any Irish water. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm flying back home from here and will have a couple more days at the end of the trip. I did not plan enough time for Ireland. 

Also of note -- upon returning to my hostel, I discovered my roommates were in bed, lights out. How did I become the pub crawler who wakes everybody up upon crawling into bed at the ungodly hour of 10:45?

And I'm on the top bunk, no railing. This has never happened before. It's not very high, so at worst I'll fall off and it'll hurt, but still -- pray that I sleep calmly tonight. 

1 comment:

  1. 10:45?! You party animal. You know, you wouldn't have to worry about falling out if you brought a hammock to sleep in...

    I miss you already!!! Please come back with a range of accents :-)

    ReplyDelete