Thursday, August 15, 2013

I'm awesome

Today started out a little weird and continued a little weirder before ending on a good note. At one point, facing down a decision with my typical crippling indecision, there may have been tears while driving down the freeway.

I went to Powell's City of Books, which had more people in it while I was there in a little town in Utah County. It's supposed to be the biggest bookstore in the world.

And if you for one second think that sounds a little boring, allow me to share a few of the titles I perused:
  • "Let Them Be Eaten by Bears"
  • "Adulting: How to Become a Grownup in 468 Easy(ish) Steps"
  • "Let's Pretend This Never Happened"
  • "I Hope They Serve in Beer in Hell" (Officially, I was offended that this book was written, since the author wears his misogynistic, egotistical prick badge just a little too proudly. Unofficially, it looked really funny.)
  • "I'm Awesome"
I spent several minutes in the cooking section, focusing my efforts primarily on desserts. And I wanted to buy a good number of them, despite the fact that you can find just about any recipe on the Internet and that I already own cookbooks filled with hundreds of recipes that I have yet to make. Fully half of these cookbooks are chocolate-based. Another two are solely desserts. And I don't even care. I don't have a problem with baked goods; I have a committed relationship.

I made it out of the store with "Bossypants," by Tina Fey. If you have not yet read this, you can borrow my copy. I bought it partly because I wanted something to read at dinner, and I literally LOLed at the quirky little Thai restaurant down the street. More than once. It was fabulous.

Also, today I went to Voodoo Doughnuts.

You know I'm a fan of facial hair.

1 comment:

  1. The mustache on mine did not look half that awesome. Obviously they knew you liked facial hair.

    ReplyDelete