Saturday, October 20, 2012

What path does a crazy runner take thru the woods?

I am standing on a street corner holding up posterboard this fine Saturday morning.

I'm pretty sure the cars driving past me think I'm protesting something.

Instead, I'm at about mile 20 of a marathon, holding up my sign and awkwardly yelling the same four things (You got this! You're doing good! Looking good! Keep it up!) as strangers run past me as I wait for my sister to run by so I can yell awkward things at her (you look like Sylvester Stallone in The Expendables!)

It's going really well, I must say. My signs are making people laugh and Rachel is blowing her previous record out of the water.

And I got an idea for next time: I'm going to stand at mile 25 with an ominous-looking sign that says, "The end is near."

A psychopath!



No comments:

Post a Comment