Tuesday, October 30, 2012

#Costcovirginnomore

You know how when something is in your own backyard, you never go?

That is how I am with Costco.

For those of you who do not live in Utah, let me explain about Costco -- it's like Sam's Club, but has a more savings-sounding name and, in the words of Utah friends of mine, it's way less lame and way more awesome.

And, since my roommates drove all night from Boston to Indianapolis through the storm coming to meet Sandy, it seemed uncool to go to Institute and not hang out with them. So we went to Costco.

I realized on the way there that this was a very big night for me. See, despite living in Utah for more years than I tend to remember, I have never set foot in Costco. We don't have them in the places I'm from. I don't make dinner for 30 people at a time. And I have a compulsion wherein when I see large quantities of chocolate I feel like I should buy it, and these stores are famous for, well, large amounts of everything.

To be honest, my first time was kind of a letdown. You kind of expect something awesome, and then it's just shopping in a big warehouse store with wide aisles and magic blenders. Fortunately, I was with experienced Costcoers who knew their way around, and as long as I followed suit I didn't look too lost. There was an awkward moment since I didn't know what I was getting into; turns out plastic doesn't work at the Costco snack bar.

But I think the second time will go much more smoothly.


1 comment:

  1. I live almost directly across the street from Costco Heidi. . . my milk and eggs typically come to $50 dollars! Well there may be other stuff too, but I came in the doors to get milk and eggs. Glad to see you Virgin Flight was a positive experience

    ReplyDelete