Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Somebody tell me what I'm forgetting

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a 12-day trip. I'm doing this in the previously unprecedented (for me) way of only doing carry-on luggage. I can do this for 5-6 days, but 12? Thousands of miles away?

Anyway, what's disturbed me as I'm packing is that I don't think I'm even going to fill the carry-on suitcase I borrowed. Which of course has led me to the conclusion that I must be forgetting something critical. This is especially difficult because last time I went on a trip this long I brought so much stuff I could have at least been a finalist in an overpacking contest. So here's what I'm bringing. (Also, the weather is going to be decent, mostly highs in the 70s with lows in the 40s and 50s.) Please tell me what gigantic obvious thing I am forgetting that will make this harder.

Clothes:
Rain coat
Jacket
6 pairs of underwear
2 bras
1 skirt
2 pairs of jeans
6 pairs of socks
Pajamas
6 shirts
4 tank tops/long-sleeved shirts/undershirt type thingies
Flip flops
Tennis shoes

Electronics
Camera
2 extra batteries
Charger
Phone
Alarm clock
Adapter

Toiletries
Makeup
Shampoo
Conditioner
Face soap
Body wash
Toothpaste/floss
Toothbrush
Contact stuff
Lotion
Moisturizer
Sunscreen
Mousse
Comb/hair stuff

Other random stuff
Caffeine
Travel guide
Phrase book
Ibuprofen
Sleep mask
Sunglasses
Umbrella

Well, now it seems like a lot of stuff.

But seriously, please tell me if I'm forgetting anything.

1 comment:

  1. You are apparently going European on the armpit hair front, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete