Friday, June 15, 2012

A wee bit o' self-congratulations

I have spent all week in some weird mind fog. On Monday I thought it was Friday, I've been sleeping too much and then too little and then too much again, time is not passing at its normal speed. I couldn't write about anything. It's just been very odd and unsettling, and the result is that I checked out mentally, oh, about Wednesdayish. Getting through today has been an exercise is slogging.

I'm now sitting here, 10 minutes to 9, thinking I'm not going to go home at 9 because I'm still waiting for a story and how I just cannot handle work anymore this week, when my boss walks up here and tells me I was just announced as the best newspaper reporter for the middle division in Utah for the second year in a row.

I don't want to sound too much like I'm bragging — just like I am a little bit. :)

Congrats as well to all of the Daily Herald staff -- you're awesome!

1 comment:

  1. heidi, you are awesome!! congrats!!
    -candi

    ReplyDelete