Monday, March 19, 2012

No — it actually means no

I recently added the following to my online profile:

*In the interest of full disclosure, I am not interested in men who think "ru" is an acceptable substitute for "are you." I don't expect most people to love language as much as I do, but I do expect them to be able to form complete words.*

It's unfortunate that it needed to be said. But it needed to be said.

This was inspired by one of my persistent admirers. My email therapist has dubbed him the "do u like tall guys" guy. I like it.

'DULTG'G:hey
'DULTG'G:hey how ru 
Me: I hope you don't take this to be rude, but you have already messaged me four times. I told you the first time that I wasn't interested. Nothing has changed. Have a good night. Then I closed the chat box, which shows the other person that I have disconnected.
'DULTG'G:u hjavent even tried (disgusted blogger's note: the error was not mine)

If you need a refresher on the social acumen of 'DULTG'G, read my introduction to him and a subsequent encounter

 Sigh. "The 5 Love Languages" made no mention of what to do when the other person speaks in an archaic language that communicates only that the communicator is something of a dolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment