Monday, January 23, 2012

I need help


I almost bought a poster this weekend titled "Temples of the Virgin."

I didn't, hence the almost, but it was a good reminder that I am 29 years old and should have more on my walls than diplomas, family pictures and a soccer action shot -- all good things, sure, but it's time to branch out.

But, while I fell in love with some of the art I saw, I wanted something more personal. (Also, my credit card would have had a heart attack if I'd tried to buy some of the art I saw.) So I've looked through my amateur pictures and found some that I think might be worth a little blowing up.

The problem is that I am indecisive. I can't pick which ones I like best, so I'm asking for help. I'm posting them all and I'd love to hear other people's feedback, please and thank you.


The view looking northeast from almost the top of Mt. Timpanogos


The rock face I discovered when I stuck my camera out the car window in the pouring, icy rain. At the Hidden Canyon trailhead in Zion

Glencoe in the Scottish highlands

Redrock walls in Zion Canyon

Landscape Arch in Arches National Park

The Loch Ness Monster, Scotland

The sunset heading away from Delicate Arch, Arches National Park. In a world that's full of vibrant color, I love how stark this picture turned out.

Sacre Couer, a Catholic church in Paris, as seen from the Eiffel Tower

Slot canyon in Little Wild Horse Canyon in central Utah

Stonehenge

The sun coming in through the rocks in one of the slot canyons in Little Wild Horse Canyon

Sunrise from Timpanogos

Sunrise from Timpanogos, round two. I couldn't decide which of the two I liked better.
Goblin Valley, central Utah -- like Disneyland but fewer lines and way more awesome

View of Zion Canyon walls from the Kayenta trail
 If it would do any good, I will bribe you with a chance to enter your name (if you give me your opinion) for a picture. I'll even autograph it for you. I'm pretty sure that one day that photo will be worth, well, at least the paper it's printed on.

4 comments:

  1. I can do some enhancement and make some of them pop nicely if you give me the original out of camera image.

    I would say Slot Canyon or view of zion canyon from Kayenta trail,

    Unless you want to show off stonehenge, that's always a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Slot Canyon with the sun coming through and the pic of the Redrock walls at Zion. I am amazed at the lack of color in the Delicate Arch pic as well. I remember it as being vibrant as well, and that is not. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi; I like Goblin Valley or sunrise #1. I have to say all of them are spectacular - just like the person who shot them. Chris White

    ReplyDelete