Thursday, December 29, 2011

Intracranial reverberations

There are all sorts of unconnected and unimportant things running through my mind today. (My fingers kept wanting to write toady.) Ergo, what follows is a look directly inside Heidi's head. And that is all the third person for toady, I promise.

I took my car in for some work today, and it took longer than they and I thought it would. I assume they figured if I left with my car I'd take it elsewhere, so they gave me a loaner. This morphed into a mental diatribe against the dude who came up with the automatic transmission. I hate clutchless cars! I feel like I barely have control in an automatic vehicle. And it's not fun. Who wants to drive a car that only lets you push the gas and the brake?

I went skiing yesterday. I'm still finding random souvenirs today — the irritation from my knee brace (discovered while shaving my legs), the bruises from those unforgiving boots (found while putting lotion on), sore hips and tushie (reminded of every time I moved until about noon), a kinked-up neck. Nothing too bad, though, which was a nice surprise, even though I practically had to dislocate my hips in my ultimately fruitless attempt to stay standing while going down moguls.

I had a rather amorous dream last night about this guy that I know, for whom I have no amorous feelings. It's always a little unsettling when I wake up and wonder where in my subconscious THAT came from. It's happened a few times — not with this particular guy, but men I couldn't figure out why I was dreaming about. This guy, at least, I probably won't see again for a long time and I will have forgotten by then. The last one I did see soon after. Fortunately, the awkwardness was both one-sided and short-lived.

I finally broke down and bought stamps. This book should last me about another two years. Now I have to decide if I want to put a stamp on the thank-you letter I've written in which I ask another person to consider not sending me a gift next year. I know it makes me sound like a real brat, and maybe this person gets great joy out of doing it, but here's the thing: I do not like this person. I feel guilty accepting a gift given how I feel about this person, even if I were to donate it to charity. I don't know what to do.

I got "Tangled" for Christmas! I love that movie. It makes me want a heavier frying pan. :)

Unless I find some more schools to which I want to apply, I am done. And thrilled to be done. Now I need to do the FAFSA and start looking for scholarships. This may be even less pleasant than the previous steps in the process.

I feel like I'm now just babbling, so I'm going to go ahead and stop now. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment