Saturday, November 19, 2011

My favorite things

The first real (as in, still on the ground) snow of the season is resting peacefully outside my window right now. Unbeknownst to it, I'm about to get out there with my hair dryer and an extension cord and obliterate that stupid frozen water.

 
Ironically, winter used to be my favorite season. This was when I lived in the deserts of southern New Mexico and the plains of west Texas, when winter meant the temperatures dropped to livable 40- and 50-degree days and there was always a chance that it would snow for two seconds, people would panic and school would get cancelled.

 
However, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, my hands-down favorite holiday, I have compiled a list I'd like to call,"Aspects of Winter I Like, or at the very least don't make me want to punch Old Man Winter in the face."

 
  1. . Cute sweaters
  2.   It's cold enough for boots
  3.  Hot chocolate is practically mandatory.
  4.  I like snuggling into my warm bed with all the blankets on. (I do not like getting out of said bed in the morning.)
  5. It's soup season.
  6. I can resume my love affair with my Crock Pot.
  7. Running in the cold is really good motivation to go faster.
  8. I can get by with shaving my legs a whole lot less often.
  9. I have enough scarves for every single day of the week.
  10. Skiing!

Well, happy Saturday. Fortunately my hair dryer is pretty new. I hope it's up to the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment