Monday, October 17, 2011

As if I needed another reason to be disgusted

Rick Perry thinks he's been treated unfairly because of his Christian faith.

This from a man who continues to inappropriately target a political opponent for his faith.

I will first reiterate what I have thought about this foolish religious debate from the start: It does not matter what religion a person is, it matters what kind of leader the person is going to be. Belonging to a church doesn't make one a good person or a good leader. Not belonging to a church doesn't make one evil or in league with the devil. Can we get over this already?

But onto the raison d'etre for the blog today. To begin, Rick and Anita, darlings, your faith is an issue because you shoved it out there and told people they should vote for you because of it. You've sent out a clarion call to all good Christians of the world to unite under the banner of your righteous, pious evangelical Christianity or risk the wrath of an angry God. How can you then blame people who are repelled by that *faith* you've thrown into their faces like a grenade?

To end (a lot going on today, not much time to be offended by highly offensible people), let me just say that I will not be voting for Rick Perry — not because he's a Christian, not because he's an Aggie, not even because he's a very unChristlike person. Rather, I will not be voting for him because I don't trust him. I don't think he's honest. I don't think he's very smart. I think he likes to talk big and take credit for the good things but points fingers when something goes wrong. I think he's a bigot and he's surrounded himself with like-minded bigots. I don't think he takes seriously the role of the presidency, judging by the pharisaical hatefest he's turning it in to. I don't think he's earned much of anything in his life. He doesn't think about the consequences of his decisions or listen to people who don't agree with him. He can't admit when he's wrong.

In short, he's a dangerous man to put in power -- willfully ignorant and close-minded and proud of it. I'm normally a third party candidate girl myself, but if the Republicans nominate Rick Perry, expect a Barack Obama sign in my yard. It is, after all, my duty as a Christian and an American to fight for what is good and right. Rick Perry is neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment