Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Poltergeist

Do you know what one of my pet peeves is?
Repeating myself.
I hate it when people ask me to repeat myself. I hate it even worse when they say, "Huh?" or "What?" Just listen better!
I recognize, in my non-peeved moments, that it generally is not the listener's fault. I have a slight lisp and talk really fast, so sometimes what I'm trying to say gets lost in translation.
And, I'm hypersensitive about it because I have a lisp, and when I was growing up people were always asking me to repeat myself. It got real irritating real fast. I've never lost that little twinge of not-quite-rightedness, I guess.
But really, if you can't understand me, you may as well speak up. I'll probably be more annoyed if you don't ask and something goes really awry. Just ignore the flash of irritation on my face. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment