Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thoughts

Lawyers and judges are arguing the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act, colloquially known as health care reform.
Staver, in his rebuttal, says that he disputes the premise that everyone will eventually need to use the health care market. Doubtless the people injured in the pileup directly in front of the courthouse felt the same way mere hours ago.
I must respectfully disagree. I think it's fair to say that the huge, huge majority of Americans will at some point be part of the health care system. They'll have an accident, they'll unexpectedly get sick, a pregnancy will get scary, a baby will come down with something. You get a vaccine. You call a health hotline and ask a question.
I'm not arguing for or against health care reform here, but I do think we can realistically say that people cannot simply avoid the health care system. You can, and some do, to a certain point, but to unequivocally say that you will never be a part of the health care system, is, I would submit, false.

Should Osama bin Laden have been captured alive and given a trial? I can't find it in my soft heart or practical mind to say yes. Is what happened ideal? Again, no and no. I might even go so far as to say what happened was wrong. However, I can't think of a better way it should have happened. Sometimes reality sucks.

Do you delete your emails? At what point? What if you had all the space in the world to store them? What if you knew you were never going to look at them again?

No comments:

Post a Comment