Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Unfriending

How much of a sign is it? Like, if I unfriend someone I know -- as in, I see this person regularly -- is this a huge signal to him? Do I have to explain why I hit the "Unfriend" button? Is it now the ultimate symbol of a friend-breakup?
And, how long should I wait to unfriend somebody I don't see ever and probably never will see again? This person was hideously offensive, and I don't even want to be Facebook friends but I don't want him to think it's because he somehow got to me. I just don't need people like that in my life.
Yeah, the second one I'm unfriending right now. Thoughts on the first one would still be helpful, however.

2 comments:

  1. I unfriend people all the time. Usually, if they aren't close enough friends to be Facebook friends, they won't notice if you unfriend them. I say, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I re-read it and noticed you see them regularly, but unless you interact on Facebook regularly, they probably won't notice.

    Also, a guy from my work - who I swear I never met - friended me. I ignored the request. Then we actually did meet and he brought it up, but I still refused to friend him. It's a little awkward, but I refuse to be pressured!

    ReplyDelete