Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Logical fallacies

I love college football. A bad game can ruin my day, a good game can put me on cloud nine and there are few things I'd rather be doing than watching top-notch gridiron.
But, my understanding, even after a decade of fandom, is still rudimentary, and I'm OK with that. I don't pay attention to the politics behind all the garbage, for the most part, don't follow coaches' drama and have an very uninformed opinion about the BCS nonsense: Leave it alone.
Which means, that even though BYU has a 4-season-10-win streak, I still think it's a second-rate program because they play a bunch of second-rate programs and don't even consistently beat them. And because the Cougs have gone to the Vegas Bowl since, I think, the year Noah finally hit dry ground.
And, even as I listen to the arguments swirling around me about the recent move to go independent, I can be totally immune to all of the reasonably logical ideas and simply judge them for it because I think it's dumb, based solely on my low opinion of the team.
Because even though I love football, I still can never remember which side gets a false start and which side gets called offsides, so I can leave the factual football points to people who actually know what they're talking about and focus on being a rabid fan.
Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment