Tuesday, August 24, 2010

For the love of all that is non-stupid

School started today. That means I should never travel anywhere again between 7:30 and 8:30 a.m. and 2 and 4 p.m. on a weekday. Which I made the mistake of doing today. Stupid Utah and all of its stupid hundreds of schools and school zones and people stopping every 2.7 milliseconds to pick up or drop off a child or talk to their neighbor or do something else that slows down traffic and in general really pisses me off.
Speaking of slowing down: right foot, meet gas pedal. Get close to it. Love it. Build a relationship. Use it, for crying out loud.
Speaking of loud: Sitting at a 4-way stop, which are so completely basic it's ridiculous. Except for the car in front of me who would. Not. Go. I sat there wanting to honk and wanting to yell (out the window; I did actually in my car) and a little bit wanting to ram it while it sat there and did. Not. Go.
Speaking of go: Lines for traffic lights should not be half a mile away from the light at 3 p.m. on a Tuesday. And there were no schools around this time.
Speaking of time: How slowly is it moving today?
Speaking of today: I'm debating going home and working tonight or going to the store, getting a DIY bookshelf, putting it together and finally getting rid of most of the boxes that are taking up residence on my bedroom floor.
Speaking of my bedroom floor: I found a cricket on it yesterday. And two fanged-looking spiders a week ago. The problem with living where it's a little bit country is that a little bit of the country gets in sometimes. I bent my nail back almost halfway in my hurry to grab a shoe and kill the cricket.
Speaking of shoes: Is it just me, or do they multiply if you leave them in the closet long enough? I have no idea where all of the ones I have came from.
Speaking of long enough:

No comments:

Post a Comment