Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Why ESPN kills me

I love sports. I love watching sports, and I don't just mean soccer and football. I can do college basketball, track meets, beach volleyball, pole vaulting, anything that looks Olympic, snowboarding, cycling, etc. Really, the only ones I have a problem with are golf and baseball. And, sadly, since I've seen it on ESPN, poker.
But yes, I once was riveted by a relay meet for at least an hour. I've spent Saturday morning watching swimming when it wasn't the Olympics. I can usually even pick a side, even if I don't technically what the rules are. I am that in love with sporting events.
But the 24-hour sports channels? Not so much. The problem there is sports are not on 24 hours a day, and they're not playing sports 24 hours a day. SportsCenter? Please. That is not sports. That's a bunch of has-beens or never-wases talking about sports.
Just play reruns of old games; I'm fine with that. I even have a couple of suggestions:
Texas Tech v. Texas, Nov. 1, 2008



Or the US v. Portugal in the 2002 World Cup

1 comment:

  1. Awesome choices! And bonus points for using (creating?) the phrase "never-wases." :)

    ReplyDelete