Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Do as I say

But close your eyes so you don't see what I'm doing.
So Madonna wishes her teenager daughter wouldn't dress quite so provocatively.
Yes, you read that right. Madonna. Less provocative dressing. In other news, Britney Spears wants her sons to understand the sanctity of marriage and Hugh Hefner hopes to be the spokesman for a Take Back the Night event.
Who are these people kidding? (Well, the last two are made up. So I guess it's just one.) What is Madonna thinking? How on earth can you tell your children to dress less skanky when you have made a living dressing skanky? How can tell your fan club to be true to your spouse when you cannot keep your pants on? How can you say you don't believe in violence when your songs use violent words and images and promote violent ideas?
Do as I say, not as I do -- the ultimate mantra of the hypocrite.

1 comment:

  1. Hugh Hefner really seems to believe that he had a huge hand in women's rights. I mean, yeah, he thinks women should have sex and be allowed reproductive rights, but other than that, I'm not buying it, and obviously he only cares about those issues because it benefits him.

    On the other hand, I can see that a mother could regret things she's done in the past and want her daughter to make different choices...?

    ReplyDelete